July 21, 2022 Leave a comment
Virtual private networks (VPNs), which are used worldwide, are used to secure these Internet connections. You can surf the Internet anonymously thanks to encryption, which protects your online activities from being scrutinized by others.
In addition, a VPN can also change your real IP address to one from a different region, allowing you to access material you wouldn’t otherwise be able to access.
This article provides a wealth of current data and statistics that provide a general overview of VPN usage.
1. The global VPN market is forecast to grow from $15.5 billion in 2020 to $35.73 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 18.1 percent.
2. China has the highest number of VPN users in the world with over 41 million users, followed by the US (28 million).
3. In 2018, there were 603 million VPN users worldwide and this number is expected to grow to 1.09 billion by 2023.
4. The most popular reasons for using a VPN for PC are network security (48 percent), access to blocked content (30 percent), and online privacy (24 percent).
5. In 2020, 58 percent of Internet users around the world will use a VPN to access blocked websites. The average download speed for VPN users is 25.47 Mbps.
6. The most popular VPN protocol is L2TP/IPsec. followed by PPTP and OpenVPN.
7. 57 percent of VPN users use it on a desktop computer and 42% on smartphones.
Internet privacy and security are becoming increasingly important as the world becomes more interconnected. Virtual private networks allow users to protect their online activities, whether they’re accessing blocked content or keeping their browsing history private.
It is clear that VPN services are in high demand, with the global market for VPN services expected to reach $35.73 trillion by 2025.
While China has the highest number of VPN users in the world, the US is not far behind with 28 million users. This is probably because VPN use in China is mainly due to the need to access blocked content and websites and content, while in the US it is mainly used for online security and privacy.
The most well-known reason for VPN use worldwide is network security, followed by access to restricted content and online privacy. This shows that people are increasingly aware of the dangers of unprotected internet browsing and are taking steps to protect themselves.
We found that most VPN users access the service using a desktop computer. But most of them use them on their mobile devices. This trend is likely to continue as more people work remotely and connect to the Internet on the go.